Tweet ThisBookmark and Share
What is Radon?

Radon is an invisible and odorless radioactive gas which occurs naturally from decaying uranium beneath the earth's surface. Although you cannot see, smell, or taste radon, it is there and may be a problem in your home or office. Radon gas rises through the soil and seeps through cracks, holes, and drain pipes in the foundation or basements of buildings. Radon gas can be found all over the United States, and according to the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) 1 out of every 15 homes in the United States has high levels of radon gas.

What can Radon do to you?

Radon gas contains radioactive particles which get trapped in your lungs every time you take a breath. As these particles break down, they release bursts of radiation that damage or destroy lung tissue and cause lung cancer, and long-term exposure may even cause death.

Do you have any of the following in your home?
Cinder-block, brick or rock wall
Exposed soil in the basement or foundation
Cracks in the basement wall or foundation
An open sump pump hole or floor drain
Spaces between walls and floors
Exposed pipes or loose pipe fittings

If you answered YES to any of the above questions, then you could be breathing in this deadly radioactive gas.